Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Just Between Friends

When I first found out I was pregnant we were in New Mexico.  I had joined a group for mommies expecting in August and a couple of them had mentioned a "just between friends sale".  I hadn't heard of it before, or if I had never paid attention cause I wasn't a mommy, so I looked it up an found out it was a huge consignment sale.  When we moved to Greeley, I looked online to see if there was a sale coming up.  There was one in Greeley but we wouldn't know what we were having yet.  Brandon and I went to check it out and we weren't really that impressed, the stuff wasn't that nice and we didn't buy anything.  Then I saw there was a Denver one in April and I thought "Oh I hope we are still here in time so I can go".  When we got moved to Sterling, I talked to to Kelli about it and we decided we would go.  It worked out perfect because the Saturday sale was the same weekend the guys had class! Kelli and I were so excited to make a trip to the big city.  We all car pooled together to Denver.  We left Sterling at 5:30 in the morning, stopped by Santiagos for breakfast burritos and we were on our way.  The guys had to be at class at 8 and we pulled in at 7:15.....I guess Justin drove a little fast :) We hung out with the guys for a bit and then Kelli and I left to start our fun day.  We went to breakfast at The Original Pancake house and I got the same french toast I got in Salt Lake....soooo yummy! Then we headed over to the sale and got there about 9:45.  We thought there would be a huge line but the parking lot was dead! We were one of 5 vehicles.  It was pretty funny but as it got closer to 10 it filled up a bit.  The sale was huge!! There were tons of toys, books, strollers, car seats, high chairs and clothes clothes clothes! I was looking through the clothes and thought I would work my way through the 0-3 month section, until I realized the WHOLE rack was 0-3 months on top and bottom.  My arms started to get tired from browsing the higher racks so much.  It was so fun, everything without a star was 25% off so of course Kelli and I were so excited when we saw "no star".  I would throw things in my bag and then go to a table and sort through and make decisions on if I really wanted it or needed it.  Its funny that a couple weeks ago we spent $20 on one little hoodie for Bashlyn and here I am at the sale going "do you think $4 without a star is too much for this whole outfit".  I ended getting out of there for a little over $100 for hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.  It was a blast! After the sale we went to costco and stocked up on some goodies, of course I got two watermelons, two pineapples, a case of apples, 4 lbs of strawberries and tons of other produce.  Bashlyn loves her fruits and veggies! in 4 days Brandon I went through a 4lb case of strawberries and a whole watermelon!! After Costco we went and picked up the guys from class and met up with Eric and Shelly for dinner.   It was such a fun day and all the timing worked out perfectly! It was honestly probably one of the funnest days I've had on the road.  Having a girlfriend to hang out with in Denver and go shopping for my baby girl, sure doesn't get much better than that!

Yesterday there was a Brighton just between friends sale so Kelli, Katie, Easton and I jumped in the car and went to that yesterday morning.  We got to meet up with Shelly and do a little shopping.  I got a couple things but not too much.  Kelli got a sweet carseat that she had been wanting for $30 so that was a major steal!! We all went to lunch at Olive Garden and then hit up Costco cause I was out of strawberries :) It was another great day! I am going to get so spoiled having these wonderful women on the road with me but all I can do is live for today and enjoy it! Its starting to get nice here, finally! 79 on Sunday and 82 on Monday so I hope it sticks!!

I've already been yelled at for shopping and buying clothes for Bashlyn...whoops :)  I honestly haven't bought that much and if you know me you can't expect me to wait until AFTER my baby shower in June to shop for my baby girl! Especially when there are SALES!!!! Honestly, a cute little baby girl can never have too big of a wardrobe or too many clothes! Theres no more just between friends sales until September so I am done for now :) I think I'll have a hard time shopping retail now after going to these sales.  The stuff is so nice and most are reasonably priced! If you have one around you, you have to check it out and make a girls day of it! It was so fun because all the shoppers were either moms or pregnant ladies, I loved it!! <3

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm glad you had as much fun as I did! Hopefully we can go to the September one so Katie can really shop!
    We ate our olive garden leftovers for lunch. That felt like a treat! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gone nuts buying girly things if D had been a girl. One of my best friends told me that God gave us a boy because the rest of the world needs sparkles too, and if I had a girl I would have bought them all... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaha thats awesome! Yeah I have a lot of girlie things, I try to dress her in purple and yellow too so I don't always have her in pink but is hard!:)

      Delete