Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Happiness is a Journey!

If you would have told my 18 year old self I would be a stay at home wife someday, I wouldn't have believed you.  I never pictured myself in that role.  My mom worked growing up and I got to see her work her way up through a company and have great success.  I always thought thats what I would do.  I have a VERY goal driven personality.  I have sticky notes and lists everywhere.  I put things I've already done on the lists just so I can cross them off.  I like having goals, things to do and achievements I can make.  I enjoyed working very much and enjoyed the relationships I developed in the workplace.
When I joined Brandon on the road, the first few months were pretty hard for me because I didn't know what my purpose was anymore.  I had gone from working at a great company ( and getting recognition for doing a great job) and planning a wedding to poof, nothing to do with my days.  Brandon would say "this is everyones DREAM, why can't you be happy" but it wasn't my dream, it was something I had to work through myself.
After being on the road for about 8 months now I can say I have worked through it and I feel amazing.  I am so incredibly happy and honestly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be given this opportunity in life.  It just goes to prove that you can have a plan all you want but God really has the ultimate plan for you and he knows what he's doing!  I have found great things to give me purpose to my days and I have learned I don't have to be defined by what I "do".  Since September I've been doing accounting work for a friend back home a couple hours a week.  I love this, I have learned so much, I feel like I'm putting my degree to use and it gives me a little folding cash of my very own! I recently applied and was selected to be the treasurer for the National Sisterhood United for Journeyman Lineman. (http://www.nsujl.org)  What an amazing honor this is.  I handle all the books and keep all the financials straight, again using my degree! This is a volunteer position and a lot of work but its exactly what I wanted.  Its so cool to be a part of an organization in the beginning stages and watch it grow.  NSUJL is a non profit organization that is able to offer financial benefit to IBEW apprentices, journeyman and their families that get injured or pass away on the job.  I love it because its something I can do that is a huge part of Brandon's trade but its not directly related to Brandon.  I don't NEED him to do it. I can do it on my own and support him in just another way, while supporting the whole trade.
I've also really learned to love being a stay at home wife.  I take great pride in keeping a clean house, having the laundry done and cooking good healthy meals.  I love making Brandon's lunch for him, knowing I have provided him with a nutritious meal.
Speaking of doing laundry Brandon got me a new washer and dryer for our 5th wheel!! I decided I really wanted some before Bashlyn gets here because I didn't like the idea of living in the laundry mat when she spits up or worse every 5 seconds on her adorable clothes!! Our 5th wheel already had the washer hookups but it didn't have the dryer vent drilled out.  There is NOTHING worse then having to take a drill to the side of your brand new 5th wheel.  I was watching from inside to tell Brandon if it started splintering or anything and I heard him take a huge deep breath before he started the drill.  Of course it started raining right in the middle of him putting in the hole so he had to finish in the pouring rain, poor guy....but he got it done and it looks amazing!!
Seriously so scary!! I almost cried.  Notice how nice it looks out......half hour later it was pouring!!

Finished product! Love love love!!! 

When Brandon and I were in New Mexico we noticed there were NO roadside coffee stands like back home but there were all these little water stands everywhere.  We were like what are those for?? Well once I got pregnant we decided we would stop drinking the water from the RV parks cause you just never know.  Brandon was still using tap water in his coffee when we were in Greeley and he got sicker then I have ever seen him so after that we said ok no more tap water at all.  Then when we moved to Sterling we found out the whole town is not able to drink the tap water due to salmonella poisoning or something like that....so now I know what those little water stands are for!! :) I go once a week and fill up our water jugs.  The first time I did it I came home soaking wet, I didn't have the hole lined up perfectly and that water comes out so fast! Now I'm a pro!!




Bashlyn has been kicking like crazy the last two weeks.  She kicks all the time, morning, noon and night! I love it because Brandon gets to feel her at least once a day and now you can see my stomach moving when she kicks :) We had our doctor appointment yesterday and they said I am measuring perfectly and her heartbeat was 152.  They found it immediately after putting the doppler on my stomach and then it went fuzzy (because she was moving).  They go does she move a lot and I said oh yes all day! I love love love it, what an awesome feeling! Brandon and I cleaned out every storage cabinet and cubby last weekend so we are totally ready for Bash as far as space goes.  I think she has more storage areas then we do!! :)

Bashlyn's gifts from Bashlin Industries...where she got her name from!! :) 

26 weeks 1 day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment