Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Halfway there!!

Dear Baby,
Its hard to believe as I sit here that I am 20 weeks 4 days along! We are over halfway there!! Gosh your daddy and I are so excited to meet you! I've been really lucky and didn't get sick at all in the beginning part of the pregnancy.  I was tired a lot and needed to nap at least once a day for an hour or two but other than that I felt great!  A few mornings ago I woke up the most nauseas I have ever been in my life!! I didn't know if I could make it to the bathroom but I laid there for about 15 minutes and it went away. I'm hoping it was just a fluke!  I've been waiting to feel you moving around in there but hadn't felt much from you yet.  Two weeks ago when your daddy and I were coming back from Salt Lake, I was driving over a pass and it was snowing and I felt 3 little bumps right in a row.  I said "I think I just felt baby!! Your daddy was laying down and he sat up so fast and put his hand on my stomach but we didn't feel anything again.  In fact I didn't really feel anything again for a couple more weeks until last night! It was probably part of the chocolate easter bunny I ate that got you squirming, at about 9:30 I felt all these little bumps right after another.  I grabbed your daddys hand and he felt it too! Gosh it was the coolest feeling!
Your daddy started with a new company last week so we had to change your appointment to Friday instead of Wednesday.  We cannot wait to find out what you are and get to see you on the big screen! Last time we saw you were 9 weeks and you were such a little jelly bean, you are going to look so grown up now! 4 more days and we will know if you are our little princess or little man!

~Mommy and Daddy

Life is so crazy how everything works out! We've been in Sterling for a week now and love it! The town is so much nicer and cleaner than Greeley, despite the fact I can see the largest prison in the state of Colorado from our 5th wheel! We've never lived somewhere with friends before and it truly makes all the difference in the world! We're about an hour and a half from Greeley so we can't go to church and small group every week but we're going to try to go once a month.  We went on Sunday with our friends Justin and Kelli and baby Easton and it was such a fun day! The service was wonderful as always and such a fun treat! Then we all decided to go to Estes Park and drive through the mountains.  Its so beautiful up there! We didn't see too much wildlife but saw a huge herd of elk.  It was such a fun day!! We had a campfire Friday and Saturday night and those were so fun, just sitting around talking.  Its funny I remember when we first got told we were moving to Colorado Kelli said they were so excited to have friends in Colorado.  Flash forward 3 1/2 months and now Brandon and Justin are working on the same crew and Kelli and I are neighbors! Its truly just the best feeling in the world to know God always has your back and is looking out for you.  He knows what you need when you need and it.  Last week Kelli and I took the guys some sonic drinks and caught them at a time they could take a break.  It was really nice to meet Brandon's whole crew.  His foreman is so nice! Its so nice not having to worry or even think twice when sending Brandon out the door each morning.  I know he is on a great crew and they will take care of him and thats all I could ever want.  He's really happy with this crew and job.  This apprenticeship can take its toll on you but I truly feel like we've caught a break this time.  Brandon is on a great, safe crew and I get to live right next door to Kelli and still be within driving distance to my doctor! Life is GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment