Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, April 12, 2013

22 weeks....Just keep waiting.....

22 weeks out of 40....less then 18 more to go and we will hold our sweet baby in our arms!! I am so excited and get overwhelmed with happiness and being a little scared daily :) I found out I was pregnant at the earliest possible day, about 4 weeks.  That night Brandon goes "When can we find out if its a boy or girl" I laughed and said "in about 4 months" he was really bummed.  Time has really gone fast though and I knew I would be 20 weeks before I knew it.  My doctors office wouldn't do the ultrasound until I was 20 weeks but my midwife said I could come in the DAY I hit 20 weeks so thats what I had been planning on.  I had another appointment and they said well we'll just do it when you come in for your every 4 weeks...which put me at 21 weeks.  I was a little bummed but thought "its only a week I can do it."

Heres where it got emotionally taxing and draining for my little pregnant, hormonal self.  Our appointment was set for April 3rd.  Friday March 22nd we knew Brandon would most likely get called to a different job so I changed my appointment to March 27th so I could see my doctor one last time before we moved. "whoohooo a whole week early!!"  A few hours after I changed my appointment we found out we were being moved to Sterling which was still close enough for me to drive so I changed it back to April 3rd. "dang, back to the original date, I'll just forget that I COULD HAVE found out a week early"  Then we found out Brandon works half days on Fridays so I changed the appointment to April 5th so Brandon could go. "Its only two days, I can make it two days"   The doctors office cancelled on me on Thursday because the Ultrasound tech was sick and being how I can only go on in Fridays for Brandon, we had to schedule it for an entire week out and here we are at April 12th and I'm 22 weeks along. "Enter sobbing and heartbeak here, a WHOLE WEEK?!?"  When I got that call, I seriously felt like my world was coming down.  The receptionist was so casual about it and acted like it was no big deal (she's obviously never been pregnant!!)  I explained my situation, asked if I could go anywhere else, see anyone else, go to the hospital ect so I could go earlier and she said no.  I had that lump in my throat and was trying so hard not to cry on the phone.  She told me I could leave a message for a midwife and explain and they might let me see someone else so I did, somehow I got through the message without bawling but I think my voice cracked a few times.  I cried for a good two hours straight.  I had been waiting for this appointment for so l long and then it was just gone!  The midwife called me back and said they only had those slots available for emergencies and although I felt like this was an emergency...it was not.  "gee thanks for being so sensitive!" I called other doctors offices in town to try to get in and no one was open.  I looked into an elective ultrasound place but it didn't work out either so my only option was to wait...and it sucked!

Then comes the week of the 12th, I was feeling better and knew I just had to get through a few more days to get to Friday.  Monday a huge winter storm hit Colorado (right after we had just gone through all our winter clothes on Sunday and put them in storage) and we had several inches of snow and ice.  To make matters worse we were froze up.  No water....our heated hose was on so we're thinking it might have been frozen in the ground but who knows.  I was out of water for 2 full days.  Tuesday Brandon's crew called it early and came home about 10 because the wind was blowing so bad and it was a wind-chill of -9.  Then he tells me he thinks he's going to have to work a full day friday to make up for Tuesday and doesn't think he can go to the appointment.  So I called the office and they didn't have any openings, Brandon called the office and explained what happened and they didn't care and STILL didn't have any openings.  I called a few places in town to see if they had any last minute cancellations with the storm and they didn't.  So my options were to wait another week or go alone.  I knew I couldn't wait another week so I started brain storming on how I could get through this alone and how I could still make it special.  I decided I would just have the lady write down the sex and we would find out together that night.  Needless to say I was heartbroken and I just kept thinking "I knew having a baby on the road would be hard but I didn't know it would be THIS hard".  Thursday Brandon told me his foreman said he can take off early so I get to pick him up at noon and he gets to go!! I cried tears of happiness this time when I got that text, thank goodness!!! All I need is this appointment with him, then he can miss the others thats ok, but not this one!

To say the least, today has been a very long and emotional time coming.  I am glad its finally here and now I just need the next two hours to go by quickly so I can go pick up Brandon and we can be on our way!

Today is the day, we get to finally see your sweet face baby and you will become our little girl or little boy.  I am excited to see all your changes you've gone through in the last 13 weeks.  The feeling of getting to see you at 9 weeks was indescribable.  You were flipping around and so tiny.  I am trying to prepare myself for how today will go but I just cant, its going to be amazing and I thank God it worked out that daddy gets to be there too.  There are so many people anxiously awaiting to see pictures (maybe video) and find out if you are a girl or boy.  You are so loved by so many all over the country!

1 comment:

  1. So over the moon excited for you! Praying for health for Baby U.

    ReplyDelete