Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Carlsbad Caverns National Park

On Saturday we got to go to the Carlsbad Caverns.  This place was incredible and I don't even have enough words to describe it.  I tried to take a lot of pictures but it is just impossible to capture the beauty of this enormous cave! There are several guided tours you can do but they are booked up for 6 weeks in advanced, so we didn't get to go on one of those.  I am hoping if we are still here in December we can go on a guided tour.  They have ones where you are climbing down rope ladders, crawling on your belly and stuff, how cool! So since those tours were all sold out we did the self guided tour.  For $6 each we got to go into this cave.  It was so cool, you go down a paved path that is 750 feet down and then end up in the great room and walk through a bunch of areas of the cave.  We hiked about 4 miles through this cave, saw so many cool structures and learned a lot! I was concerned about going on a saturday that it would be packed but the cave is so huge that we barely ever saw anyone, the only time it was cramped was in the elevator ride back out of the cave at the end. It was cool how quiet it was in there, we were told during the orientation that you have to whisper because if you talk in there it will be so loud.  Everyone was whispering and so you couldn't really hear anyone, it was very peaceful! If you are ever ever in the area you have to check these out!!! Like I said it was impossible to capture the true beauty of this place but I tried...



Thats the hole we went down into!!




Inside the Big Room!


The Big  Room


My Grumpy Ranger, haha! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment