Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cancun, Mexico: HONEYMOON!!!

Most of the time when you have a vacation coming up its all you can think about right? You are so excited and you plan every last detail and count down the days.  Well I counted down the days but in the back of my mind I knew there might the a chance we couldn't go on our HONEYMOON.  There is always that chance when you are in an apprenticeship, or linework in general.  Superstorm Sandy hitting days before we were supposed to leave didn't help.  I didn't know if Brandon would get sent to storm or not.  Thankfully he didn't.  The job he is on though, had a deadline and sure enough Friday night his foreman says he probably can't go on our trip unless they can get someone else down here.  My stomach dropped but I also wasn't surprised.  About 8pm Friday night we found out he could go and we were relieved and started to get excited.  Being in the apprenticeship you never know where you are going to be.  We had bought our tickets out of Denver, CO thinking it was pretty central to the Mtn States territory ( Montana, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Southern Idaho).  We were not predicting we would be in New Mexico though. We tried to get our tickets changed to a airport in NM or TX but it was going to be about $1500-2000 to change our tickets and we were NOT going to do that. So we got in the king ranch and drove 10+ hours to Denver.  Really wishing we had my car here, we left it in Salt Lake...it goes without saying the diesel isn't the best fuel saving rig...oh well we had no choice and it was fun.

To say that the resort and Cancun was beautiful, breathtaking, incredible, amazing, ect, is a complete understatement.  It was unimaginable.  It was just warm enough, about 87-90 the whole time.  Warm enough you could lay out and not get too hot every 5 minutes.  The resort was pretty empty, felt like we had the whole place to ourselves and we loved it! We went snorkeling on the worlds second largest reef and saw some of the most amazing fish! My favorite was the little black ones with bright turquoise spots that glowed! We went to Isla Mujeres and got massages on the white sand beach, drank out of fresh coconuts and swam in the Caribbean.  We relaxed and laid by the pool or on the beach for the most part of our vacation and it was perfect.  We went to the spa one afternoon for "Mr and Mrs Underdown" couples massage and it was one of the best massages I have ever had! We did yoga on the beach one morning and it was incredible! Brandon was a trooper :)  It was truly a trip of a lifetime and I cannot imagine it being any better!







Flying home we flew back at night.  This was the first time I had flown at night since meeting Brandon and it had a whole new affect on me.  Flying at night you see the hundreds of thousands of lights on in  cities, towns, and neighborhoods.  I couldn't help but think how proud I am of Brandon.  I am so proud of him for finding a career he is madly in love with.  I am so proud of him for going after it for years and never giving up.  I am so proud of him for being 100% dedicated to the trade and his work.  He spends so much time learning, doing homework, reading in his books, working out the math problems, going over what he did and learned at work that day.  He truly loves it and is passionate to the core about it.  It was incredible to me as I looked down at all those lights on that my husband knows how to turn those on.  My husband knows how to get power to a house so they can have heat, lights, a home.  My husband is learning how to build new line to housing developments or repair old ones that have been broken.  My husband is a hero that many don't remember or think about.  Power is such a thing we take for granted because its always there, I know I never thought twice about where my power came from before I met Brandon.  I am so proud of him for being such an amazing man and having a career that is essential to peoples lives! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment