Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Monday, December 26, 2011

First Christmas....ALONE! :(

Well as I explained in my previous post Brandon and I spent our first christmas alone :(  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Christmas morning Brandon and I got to video chat and open a few presents from our family.  It was fun to be able to talk and see each others faces christmas morning.  I really do not know how people did long distance before video chatting on cell phones came around!
 His parents and my mom tried really hard to keep my spirits up but there was definitely a lot missing this year.
My mom and I went to Brandons parents Saturday night and that was a lot of fun.  Patty made home made gumbo and it was delicious.  I ate TWO bowls, as I always do :)  We all exchanged little presents and had a lot of laughs.  It was really fun.  We even got to video chat with Brandon for a few minutes so that was exciting.
Sunday I went to my moms and she cooked us all a big dinner.  She made like a 7 course meal and it was all so yummy.  My favorite of course was the home made caesar salad :) I could never eat too much of that.
It was hard to be around everyone who was just so happy.  Everyone had their loved ones all there and had everything they wanted.  I missed Brandon so much, I tried really hard to not be down but it was impossible to not feel a little sad.
I feel spoiled this year, my mom gave me diamond earrings for christmas and my birthday...so I can start to get some jewelry back.  It was so sweet and I was definitely surprised!! I love them!
Brandon and both got some money for christmas and I got some for my birthday.  Goal driven me wanted to put all our money on bills, but thank goodness for Brandon making me realize it is OK to spend some money on ourselves.  So we are both taking the money we got for christmas and doing some fun things for ourselves.   I bought a new navigation disc for my car so I'll have updated maps on my in dash navigation :)  I even think I will have enough money left over to get my windows tinted on my car...something I have wanted to do since I got the thing!  So I am excited for that.  Brandon is of course buying tools and shirts from far west line specialties.  I don't think he will ever spend money on anything else for the rest of his life!  He also went to this go cart race track in Denver today, he said it was so much fun! He got 3rd place out of 10 riders...not to bad for his first time, he didn't tell me how old the 1st and 2nd place people were...I'm thinking they may have been little kids, haha!

Well we made it through the holiday and I am glad it is over.  I am looking forward to the new year and all the exciting things to come.  Hopefully Brandon will be able to come home in January so maybe we'll get to see each other in like 4 weeks :)

"If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first love & protect each other like siblings; it is meant to be"

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to spend it alone as a fellow linewife I know how you are feeling! My lineman was home this year for Christmas thank God! He has missed a lot of occasions though but I always remind myself he is doing it for our benefit! Lineman are like no other! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words. It was difficult but we made it through, I am so glad the holidays are over and I am ready for the exciting year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete