Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First blog post ever....

So I am completely new to this whole blogging thing.  I have went through the myspace phase and I love Facebook but I am just now getting into this blog.  I'll start my sharing a little about myself and my current situation.


My fiancé and I have been together for  over 3 years now.  He is the absolute love of my life and I cannot imagine not having him in my daily life.  He is my number one fan and I am his.  He is my best friend and everything I could ever want in my partner.  He is the smartest man I know and always setting huge goals for himself,  another great quality!

 He proposed on April 17th, 2011 and it was the most amazing day.  He brought me up to one of our favorite spots in Coeur d Alene, ID, where there were 20 of our friends and family.  He then had one of our favorite artists up there, start playing one of our songs....he also had a friends of ours record the entire thing on video so I have pictures and video of all those special moments.  It was an amazing day to say the least.  I also got my DREAM wedding ring, which is yellow emerald with diamonds set in white gold!! :)


Brandon is a lineman apprentice.  He works on the power lines.  I am so proud of him.  He went to Avista lineman school back in 2008 and the economy was horrible in 2009 so he struggled with getting his apprenticeship for 3 years.  I have never seen a man more determined for anything in my entire life.  I am so proud of him for never giving up!!




I live in North Idaho and we are currently buying our dream piece of property.  5 Acres about 20 minutes out of town.   We are living in a  great manufactured home now and can't wait to build our dream home someday.




Brandon got his apprenticeship in Denver, CO.  He is working for Mtn State JATC, which means they can send him anywhere in CO, UT, WY, MT and Southern ID.  So we are definitely trying to adjust to living apart from each other.  I miss him so much every single day.  Two weeks before he left I started a great job with a company that I love.  There is great opportunity there for me so i am not really able to leave everything and hit the road with Brandon right now.  We try to see each other every 6 weeks.  He left in the middle of September and we have been able to see each other twice.
I have an amazing group of support at home, all my friends and my mom really do everything they can to make sure I know I am cared for.  I am so thankful for that.  If it were not for my friends and my mom I know I would not be able to stay away from Brandon.

Brandons apprenticeship is 7000 hours, usually ends up to be about 3 years.  I look forward to having this blog to document all the crazy adventures this job takes us on.  There will be good days and bad days but hopefully whoever cares to read will stick with me along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I love being able to keep up with where life has and is taking u both. You are two of the most loving couple we know and great friends as well! We are so happy for you both and wish you nothing but the best in life. We look forward to reading all your stories that you have to share.
    Love and Miss you both!
    The Toulou's

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I am glad you are going to be able to read and keep up with us. I think you should start one to document your crazy adventures of living in a 5th wheel as well! Thank you for your sweet comments, that is so nice. I hope you and Chase have a great Christmas!
    Astra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you sweet girl!!!! Karter and I will keep you company anytime!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! My husband has been trying to become a lineman for what feels like forever so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions 😊 He just received his interview rank for MSLCAT and it was 92... Which sounds really bad! They told him it was a good score and he should be in?! I know it's been a long time but do you remember what your husband ranked when he interviewed? How long after interviewing did he get called to go to orientation? Do you know if they're busy during the summer and take a lot of new apprentices? I'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet! I would love any advice or insight you have!

    ReplyDelete