Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, October 11, 2013

A little Update :)

Gosh these last few weeks have just flown by! The days are going so quickly, 5 comes around and I wonder what did I do ALL day?  I certainly feel busy from the minute I wake up til I go to bed!  I have kept myself busy with laundry, emails about our rental, accounting, dealing with insurance and the hospital about our medical bills, ect.  Speaking of doctors, Bashlyn had her two month check up on the 4th.  Her doctor said she is doing great but they are worried about her weight.  At her 1 month appointment she was in the 32nd percentile and at her two month she is only measuring in the 6th at 8 pounds 15 ounces.  The doctor thinks it must be their error (different nurses weighing her) but still want her to come back in 2 week for a weight check.  She's just a little baby! I can attest to the fact that she eats ALL the time! :)  She had her shots that day and I was on the verge of tears all day just thinking about it.  I was hoping I was making it out to be a bigger deal than it was but I wasn't.  It was so hard, I cried and just felt horrible.  Luckily after a few minutes she was fine.  The doctor told us we could give her some infants Tylenol later that night if she needed it but most kids don't.  I didn't really think much of it, so I didn't even have any at the house.  Well flash forward to 6pm and she woke up from her nap and was screaming just as loud as she did when she got her shots.  I tried feeding her but nothing would calm her down.  So I left Bashlyn with Brandon and I raced to walgreens to get some infants Tylenol.  I was crying on the way there because I just felt like the worst mom in the world for not already having it at the house for her.  When I got to walgreens I got this picture from Brandon:



So after we gave her some Tylenol she was fine for the rest of the night and was her normal happy self the next day.

We went to Lochbuie with Brandon on Saturday so he could go to the upgrade class.  Upgrade class is a class apprentices can go to before they sit for the journeyman test.  They have one every other month. Brandon is going to go until he can sit for his test which should be in August.  Bashlyn and I hung out at the class yard for awhile until Brandon was done and it was so cool.  There was also 1st year guys going to class that day (probably their first class of the apprenticeship) It was just so awesome to see these hard working guys getting into such a great trade.  I've said this so many times but this trade has changed my life.  I have met so many incredible women and men who will be in our lives forever.  We are so lucky!

Work is still crazy.  Brandon pretty much knows there is enough work for the next day, then they get another days work, so just like we have been since June we are just taking it one day at a time.  I would be ok if we got moved, I would love to see another state like Wyoming or Montana.  I am also ok with staying too, I really like Sterling and the RV park.  So here I am just a bubble on a wave :)

We are headed to the International Lineman Rodeo next week in Kansas!! We are so excited!! I wanted to go last year so bad but we were in NM and Brandon was working 6 days a week so we couldn't go. Now we're only 8 hours or so away so we are going!! I can't wait, we are finally going to get to meet SO many of the wonderful line families I have become friends with over the last couple of years.  One of my best girlfriends, Cayla is going to be there working the booth for NSUJL and I am over the moon excited to see her and the NSUJL booth! I can't wait to get some swag so if you are going, make sure to check out their booth too and show some love! We are going to get to meet Tammy Kent, the woman behind Lineman Barn who has helped me so much through this journey of life on the road and I THINK we will even get to meet Rod Paul with BASHLIN Industries!! I am seriously so excited and thats just Friday! Saturday Brandon will be competing and of course I can't wait. I love watching him work, or simulating work!  Since its international I think there will be guys from Australia there too and they have different climbers that kinda wrap around the pole, it will be so fun to see how they work.  There is a big BBQ friday night and then an awards banquet on Saturday.  Bashlyn is going to get to check off 2 more states she has been to! This girl is going to see more states by the time she is one than anyone I know! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment