Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

7s and Coloroado Springs

Monday after we returned home from the Rodeo, Brandon called me about 10 am and said he had some great news! His foreman had told the whole crew that we would have work in Sterling until Christmas! Yay so I can finally relax a bit!! Then he told me that his crew has been offered to go to Colorado Springs on the weekends and help another Hooper crew on their job.  Brandon was ecstatic but I gotta admit I wasn't very happy when I first heard this news.  I didn't see how it would work driving 6+ hours every weekend and staying in hotels on top of working 7 days a week.  Brandon said to just trust him and that it would all work out, this is what he wanted to do.  Well last week was the first weekend he worked.  Bashlyn and I went with him because the rest of his crew wasn't going.  It was ok, it was nice being able to see him each morning and night.  It was pretty hard on Bashlyn though. We didn't leave Sterling on Friday until about 2:30 and the traffic was HORRIBLE so it was about 5 1/2 hours to get from Sterling to a hotel in Colorado Springs.  The guys will be able to leave right when they get off work and shouldn't hit rush hour traffic, hopefully!   Between the long drives and checkout being at noon on Sundays, that left Bashlyn and I with 6 1/2 hours to keep ourselves occupied.  I thought it would be fun to take her to Garden of the Gods and I thought it was a great idea since there was a Broncos game on Sunday…it wouldn't be very busy…WRONG! I drove through the park for an hour trying to find parking and there was none so we went back to Colorado springs and kept ourselves busy at Starbucks for a bit until Brandon was off work.  It sounds like Brandon will have the opportunity to work these weekends into next year.  Bashlyn and I might go with him once a month or so but for the most part we will stay in Sterling.  Brandon and two other guys on the crew will go down together and man camp in a hotel room Friday and Saturday night and return home Sunday.

We'll really be missing daddy 3 days a week but its ok because we get to see him so much Monday through Thursday.  He is usually home by 5:30 at the latest and doesn't go to bed until 8:30-9 so we get to catch up and Bashlyn gets to get all her snuggles in! I really never planned to be a part from him while on the road, since I am on the road I thought I could ALWAYS go with him, aside from storm but I know this is just a small sacrifice that will get us really ahead in the long run.  It will help so much since our place hasn't rented and I see it is starting to snow back home….makes me nervous! We did have two showings last week so please pray one of them wants it! :)  Another huge bonus, actually the biggest bonus, is Brandon is getting a lot of hot time on the jobs in Sterling so at this rate he should have all his hot and cold hours by January!! That is so exciting and is going to be such a huge relief! 

So all in all even though I wasn't super on board in the beginning I am excited about the 7s now. I know it will all be for the better in the end and it will help us out A LOT financially! Plus Brandon is on a great crew in Colorado Springs doing different work than he does in Sterling so he is just getting TONS of great experience every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment