Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

So here I sit 39 weeks pregnant,  7 days to go until my due date.  I have cleaned and organized everything at least 3 times.  All the laundry is done, dinner is planned, dishes washed, bags packed.  Everything is DONE. I have a lot of time to think about how my life is going to change, at any second, really soon.  I am going to have a little person that I helped create and brought into this world.  I am so excited and feel ready but I am terrified at the same time.

When I moved up to CDA I got connected with Casey and Lindzie and they had a precious little boy Kaden who was about 6 months old when I met him.  I was so lucky to be able to nanny him every week until he was about 3.  In that time his little sister Mica joined us and we were 3 peas in a pod.  I had babysat for a few hours a night here and there in high school but this was different.  Being a nanny, being in these kids lives every day was so special.  I got to help them learn and grow.  I got to watch them discover new things and reach milestones.  I learned so much in that time and it was some of the best times of my life.  I loved going to the library every Tuesday for mommy and me reading, blaring "Choo choo soul" the whole drive there.  I loved going to the park every day, Kaden would walk the whole way, and although it took a lot longer it was the best.  I loved doing crafts and the day to day adventures we found.  We can't forget trips to Java too!  We made so many memories but I think the one that sticks with me the most is the elevator story from the library that Kaden told to anyone and everyone for months after.  :)   I have so much love for this family because they have shaped the type of mom I am going to be. I learned so much about how I want to raise my kids from being in their house every day.  I sit here and I can't imagine what its going to feel like to have a baby of my very own  but I feel ready more than most because I was very lucky to have this experience.   Throughout the years I have watched many kids, all who are very special to me and impacted me deeply, I have loved them so much.  I can't imagine having my own baby, every day who calls me MOM and not Astra.
Kaden and baby Mica :) 
Kaden and I watching Bolt 3D while Mica was being born :) 


At our wedding rehearsal :) (mica was done taking pictures:) )


Cutest Flower Girl EVER! 

Such a big boy!! <3 

Thank you Casey, Lindzie, Kaden and Mica for accepting me into your home and letting me be a part of your lives. You changed my life more than you will ever know and I love you all so much.  I can't wait until we come home and we can all go to Java together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment