Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

1st Anniversary Weekend!

Time goes so fast! Our one year anniversary seriously snuck up on me.  With everything with my dad still wrapping up, Brandon going to a new crew, and being very pregnant, I lost track of time! We found ourselves on Thursday trying to brainstorm what we were going to do for our first anniversary.  I had an appointment Friday in Greeley so we decided to stay in Boulder Friday night and get a head start on getting up to the mountains early Saturday.  We looked for a hotels a bit online but decided we would just wing it and stay wherever we could find.  It turned out really fun and perfect!

Friday Afternoon I had an ultrasound because Bashlyn is measuring small.  My stomach is measuring anywhere from 2-3 weeks behind so they wanted to do an ultrasound to get a better idea of how much she weighs and her development.  I didn't really think anything of it, I thought "oh its going to be so fun to see our baby girl".  The ultrasound turned out way more stressful than both Brandon and I had anticipated.  She is only weighing 5 pounds 7 ounces at 37 weeks.  They measured her legs, stomach, ect and she is only in the 17th percentile.  They said if she goes into the 15th percentile that is when things could get really concerning.   They are worried she is not getting enough calories.  I've gained 30 pounds so I am on the right track for weight gain.  They had me do a NST (non stress test) to see how her heart rate is over a long period of time and how she reacts to any contractions I am having. I only had one in 20 minutes and didn't even feel it.  After looking at the NST results the midwife said she is doing really well and they think she just may be SGA (small for gestational age) They don't feel like there is a chance for underdevelopment at this point because she NST results were so good but they may do another ultrasound this week at 38 weeks to see if she's gained any weight.  I am banned from doing any 4+ mile walks anymore :( I said "ok so I should only do 2" and my midwife goes how about half a mile…..dang it! I am going to blow up, but whatever I can to do fatten my baby girl up!


After getting to see our precious baby girls sweet face and calming down after a stressful and confusing ultrasound we headed to Golden.  It is a really cute little town.  We walked through the street fair, had ice cream and watched some of the street performers.   We decided to just grab a cheap room since we didn't even get to the room til after 10 and would be leaving really early. We ended up staying at a motel 6 Friday night, worst decision ever! Brandon seriously brought his brass knuckles into the room with us! Oh man I didn't sleep much that night and we decided our "motel" days are O-V-E-R!!

Saturday we got up early, got Santiagos breakfast burritos and headed up to the mountains.  What a beautiful drive! It was so fun just chatting with my best friend the whole drive, listening to tunes on the radio and talking about the last year.  I am so lucky to be married to my best friend! We got to Silverthorne, drove through the little town a bit and then didn't want to waste any time and went straight to Breckenridge.  What an incredible little town.  It was so cute, shops, restaurants, people everywhere! We walked through the downtown area, went through an art festival and just took in the sights.  Then we decided to go  up the gondola to the mountain.  It was free so that was a nice surprise! We rode the gondola up to the base of Breckenridge.  They had all these family friendly events going on and all their restaurants and bars were open.  After checking out the sights there we headed back to Frisco, Co to find a room.  We stayed at the Ramada and it was fantastic! Beautiful mountain views! We relaxed a bit and then got ready for dinner.  We were going to go to Copper for dinner but when we got there it was raining and you had to walk everywhere.  We decided to go to Vail since we we were only 20 minutes away! Another breathtaking town! We drove through the little town, gasping at all the huge houses the size of hotels! We parked and went to go find some dinner.  It was raining but luckily I had two umbrellas in my car.  One was broken though and apparently when you are in Vail the cool thing to do is to have HUGE umbrellas, not dollar store broken ones, haha! We felt a little out of place but thats ok! We talked to a local that said we HAD to try this pizza place.  We love pizza so we were game.  It was really good and just a cute little place.  One guy goes "when is that baby coming?" and I said 19 days and he goes "wow don't pop in here" Our waitress said I was one of the most beautiful pregnant women she had ever seen, that was a very nice compliment because as I was leaving I had to turn to get between two chairs and I heard a girl go "wow she's just so big" haha gotta love comments from strangers :)


On the gondola :)
Vail! in the rain, but still beautiful!


Sunday, our actual anniversary, we slept in a bit, relaxed and then I was able to convince Brandon to take me to some outlets in Silverthorne :) It was super fun, although we did more shopping for Bashlyn then either of us :) We went to lunch at this delicious restaurant called "The Lost Cajun".  Its a guy that owns it from LA, him and his wife came out here and opened their first restaurant.  Now they have 3 locations and just sold their first franchise.  The owner was there when we were eating and he was a very nice man.  The food was delicious.  I got the chicken and sausage gumbo, Brandon the red beans and rice and we of course shared. We both got sweet tea and beignets and of course Brandon had cafe au lait.  It was such a fun lunch and we talked about all our fun memories of going to NOLA :) We headed back home and then got caught in the dreaded Denver traffic.  It took us hours to get back to Denver, it was tiring and frustrating but we made it.  A quick trip to Costco for fruit and lunchmeat and we were on our way home.  We got home about 8:30, unloaded the groceries and then had some "italian cream cake" ice cream.


For a last minute trip it was such a great weekend! It was so fun exploring these new places and just getting to spend a whole weekend with my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Golden was one of our first CO adventures when we road tripped there for our honeymoon! You're doing everything perfect for your baby girl. I'll say prayers that the next few weeks go smooth. xxx :)

    ReplyDelete