Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, August 24, 2012

I thought I would see MORE of him....???

So I had this crazy idea of how life on the road was going to be.  It was going to be this super fun environment where I got to decorate our new home on wheels and make dinner for my husband every night.  He would come home from work and we'd talk about his day and then every weekend would be a super fun adventure.  Well I have no idea what world I was living in or where I got those crazy ideas because it has been nothing like that so far.
One of my good line wife friends told me there would be an adjustment period.  You will go from having things to do in your life, your passions, your job, your friends, ect to having nothing that is yours.  These 3-4 years are for our guys, we are there for them, to support them in EVERYTHING they do.  Their job and them are number one.  When they are done, it will be our time to be a priority.  She couldn't of been more right.  This is the hardest transition period ever and I'm ready for it to be over.
I need to find a purpose to my days.  I need to have a reason to get up in the morning and have something to do each day. I realized I HAVE to do my hair and make up every day.  Even if its just to sit in the trailer until Brandon comes home, at least it makes me feel better.  I've looked into classes at gyms but I don't want to get a membership because word through the grapevine says we wont be here for long...I think I would really like to start another 8 week challenge, it would be good for me mentally and physically!!
To make matters worse we are living in Thor (our travel trailer) which is fine.  Its a roof over our head and a place that is ours.  We dont owe anything on it which is nice.  The problem is we have no running water, the pipes are cracked so we cant run water in them.  Its frustrating to not have my own bathroom or be able to wash dishes after dinner in the sink.  We have no storage, I have about 3 outfits I wear now because I can't find anything else... and I just feel really cramped.  Its been 3 weeks and I am ready for some space.  I want to have ROOMS instead of "here is our kitchen/diningroom/bedroom"  If it were up to Brandon he would have upgraded us 3 weeks ago, he wants me comfortable and he wants me to love our home.  I'm the one putting it off.  I just want to pay off a couple bills so if / when a layoff comes we are still able to live comfortable.  By my calculations we should be able to upgrade to a new 5th wheel in 5-6 weeks or so, knowing that is making my days a bit easier.

I just miss Brandon.  He has been working 6 days a week or like last weekend, he had class saturday  and sunday. He comes home from work and showers and eats.  If I'm lucky we get an hour of face to face time with each other but usually its a half hour before he is passed out cause he is so exhausted. People have asked how married life is and how baby making is coming along and my answer to both is: I don't know, I haven't seen my husband!  I just need time with him and it sounds like we are going to get it this weekend.  Saturday we are going to go 5th wheel shopping so we can see what other options are out there, decide what floor plan we like and go from there.  Then Saturday evening we are going to go to a rodeo, I am so excited!! Its going to be so fun!!

Hopefully things will pick up from here and it will get easier, I'll keep you all in the loop :)

Sorry for my debbie downer post but some days are harder than others...Thanks for hanging with me!






2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate Astra! It seems like when I was back home he was always off, now he's always working late. Can't win for losing. Keep your chin up. You're a trooper for living in Thor. No water is a deal breaker around here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Kristina!! I'm hanging in there, Thor isn't forever so i can manage until the upgrade comes :)

    ReplyDelete