Our Home: Piper

Our Home: Piper

About Me

My photo
Coeur d Alene, ID, United States
I'm Astra, I married my best friend on July 28th 2012 and August 4th moved into a 23 ft travel trailer. I am currently traveling around the country with my husband as he works on the power lines. I am learning a lot about life on the road, traveling from RV Park to RV Park in a 5th wheel. I am extremely happy in life right now and am just enjoying every minute of it! I graduated from Lewis & Clark State college with my BS in Managerial Accounting. I have put my career on hold but it is all worth it to be with my husband. LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gosh time is flying! I've been meaning to write this post for over a week now and just haven't had the time.  I've been a bit busy cuddling and kissing on our sweet little baby girl every chance I get! Bashlyn is 24 days old already (ahhh slow down!!!) and she is absolutely perfect! She is only waking up two times a night, once around 1-1:30 and the next is around 4:30-5 (daddy's alarm starts going off at 5:20 so she's just helping him get up ;) ) She eats perfectly and then goes back to sleep, sometimes until 9 am!!

Bashlyn was so lucky to have so many family members drive and fly across the country to meet her.  Nana drove for about 20 hours and got to meet her the day we brought her home.  The following week her 3 mom and 3 pop flew from New Jersey for a week and got to get a lot of snuggles and kisses in! It was a great time, just getting settled in, getting used to and learning about this new member of our family! The best day though, was Bashlyn's Dedication.   As many of you know Brandon and I started going to Journey back in January when we lived in Greeley, CO.  In March we got moved to Sterling, and as much as we wanted to keep going to Journey every week it proved to be just a bit too far.  During my whole pregnancy, I kept saying,  "I hope we stay here or at least driving distance to Greeley, because I REALLY want Arron to do Bashlyn's Dedication!" Well God heard our prayers because we got to stay here and Arron DID get to do her dedication! Journey was incredible and accommodating to us and our short time frame ( I wanted to be able to do with it all the family in town).

On August 25th we dedicated our sweet baby Bashlyn to the Lord in front of many friends and family. We were so lucky to have my mom, mom mom and pop pop, Erik, Shellie and (BRAND NEW, 3 days old) baby Oakley Hall, Amanda Henley and Uncle Chance Thomas there to help celebrate and witness our dedication.

Here are a couple videos from the dedication, the video cut out in part of it, but here is most of it.
After almost 4 hours trying to figure out how to upload these dang videos I resorted to taking video of the video playing on my computer on my iPhone.  So bear with me, hopefully you can hear and see most of the video…it was such a special day for us so I wanted to share it with you all! <3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152639206443475&l=4551618552352645045



It is such an overwhelming feeling to hold this little baby in our arms, this baby we had prayed for, planned for, created dreams for.  She is here and God chose US to be her parents, gosh we are lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment